Sax on the Web Forum banner

For whom do you most dislike playing and why

• Family (includes your dad's friends who always ask if you know Yakkety Sax)

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Your friends

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Your saxophone playing friends (not really your friends)

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • wife/girlfriend/life partner

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sax teachers or old band directors

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Old people

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 27 30.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
I remember my first musical performance ever. It was 1987. Inspired by the movie La Bamba, I decided to take up guitar and I got one for Christmas. Being the musical genius that I am and having no training whatsoever, I immediately composed my first song. This masterpiece consisted of only playing notes on the open strings. When school resumed, I brought my guitar to school to let my classmates hear this work of art. I began playing and fell into a trance where it was just me and the music. This trance was abruptly broken halfway through the performance when the teachers hand swiped in and strummed the strings twice. Apparently, she and the class though the song sounded like "Old MacDonald" and the two strums were for the "Quack, Quack." I took this as a huge insult to my musical integrity and immediately stopped. Sadly, I broke my arm shortly thereafter and never played guitar again.

OK, the last line was a lie. I did break my left arm though and I had to stop playing 6 months after I started. Then it healed and I resumed my playing but broke my arm again and ended up giving up the guitar for a long while. I finally learned how to play La Bamba 10 years later.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts