Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had a chance to compare the new Vandoren HR V16 Tenor and the Morgan "Vintage" Tenor mouthpieces? They seem almost designed to go head to head.

Rory

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've never tried a morgan vintage, but I don't think these will really compare at all. From what I know the morgan is a really big chamber with a small roll over baffle. It plays very dark.

The v16 has a med large chamber and and more of a baffle. For my ears the v16 is as bright as you can get and still be on the dark side. It might in fact not be on the dark side. I can't make up my mind. I don't have a high baffle piece to compare it too. These are very nice pieces though. I'm really enjoying playing mine. It'll probably prove to be too bright for me.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Maybe they are somewhat like the V16 altos--bright and still have this bigger , dark kind of thing about them. So kind of dark and bright, if that makes sense. (

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey

What I meant was that they retail for pretty much the same amount and they're both being presented as new "vintage" style. If they're being marketed to guys like me, it's working! I feel like I need one of them, even though I haven't tried either and I don't really need a new one. :D

Rory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts