Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !
I discover a year ago, while playing on high register to altíssimo on my horn ( a YAS62 II with C* selmer), a way to play my high notes before the altíssimo very lowd and tuned. I see diference specially on my high E,F and F#.
What I do is when playing, let's say an high F#, I take the thumb from the octave key OR I press the fouth finger of the left hand (G) with the octave key, and then the sound stays lowder and in tune. Not sure if is just because of my Yamaha.
Did anyone know about this ?

Pedro

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,077 Posts
Huh?
I think what you are describing is adding some keys to change the "timbre" of the note, and sometimes this effects intonation slightly. Altissimo fingerings can be tricky because there are no "standardized" fingerings ... they need to be explored and experimented with to find fingerings that work best for that player and horn.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I was talking about was in the notes like high E, F and F#, not altíssimo, by adding that fingerings, I could change a bit the timbre of the note and tune it well, but the main question is that changing the fingering I could have a much louder sound. just that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts