Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a continuation of another thread I read down the line while ago on plastic picc's. I came across that looking for some info on piccolos as I needed to pick one up; my time in avoidance has ended, I need it for some sub work coming up this summer. Anyhow, I did some trials of the Sonare, Yamaha 32, and a chinese made J Michael. Originally I figured I would go for the Sonare, but after a day or two I felt I would be more comfortable with a metal head. Anyhow, the Yamaha 32 (as well as an old yamaha 31 maybe (?) I was borrowing from the school where I teach) perhaps had a bigger sound, but in the cae of the older 31 the scale was really out, and the new 32 I felt didn't blow nearly as easily as the J Michael. So, for what its worth, I ended up with that for $150. The scale is good, and it blows very easily. I was curious if these are similar to the ones you sell, Bruce (if you happen across this thread...) And, metal end cover for the top of the body as well as wooden cleaning rod. Not to mention the charm of the words "Japanese Technology written in very fine script under the J Michael name. Swanky!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts