·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
26,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what was used to capture the video, but if you expand the screen it comes in incredibly clear. Might have been the bass player's brother in law, who's a photographer.

Our singer really makes the band. She's absolutely gorgeous as well.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,564 Posts
I enjoyed this. Good band! I am a bit disappointed that your mic wasn't a little hotter in the mix.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,000 Posts
I'm just amazed someone is wearing shorts over there in late November..... :|

(am tellin' ya...East Coast, baby...you just cannot FIND singers like that out here in the West, whether coast, desert, mountain, whatever......nice stuff)

·
26,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just amazed someone is wearing shorts over there in late November.....
Yeah... that guy was out there dancing for the entire set... right in front of me apparently. But hey, having a great time! It really was an incredibly nice day for the event given it was November. They had strung a rope across that harbor earlier for the tug of war (Eastport won!). But look behind the band and you'll see the Naval Academy across the harbor with the green top of the old fieldhouse, and above that the spire for the Navy cathedral (underwhich John Paul Jones is buried... and no, not the bassist).

I enjoyed this. Good band! I am a bit disappointed that your mic wasn't a little hotter in the mix.
The sound man for the event was provided gratis. Generally, I like to move around and use a wireless. Because of the number of groups and such using the same stage throughout the day, he talked me into bagging the wireless setup... and I still moved around a bit.

Lots more on our facebook page:

www.facebook.com/naptownfunk

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,793 Posts
Yes sir. Good band. And yes, turn that sax volume slider waaay up on the mixer next time so they can really hear that good sax. The world needs more sax volume :cheers:

·
26,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words. We do know this girl is special. Me and a couple guys in this group have a jazz combo, and she just started singing with that group as well when she's able.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts