Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Folks. I've got some more gigs available in the ATL area. This time it's a pretty cool original band that actually works regularly. They would prefer if you played Alto, Tenor, and Bari but don't let it stop you from contacting me if you can at least double on two of those. The music is "alternative". Think Dave Mathews kinda stuff but not. The pay unfortunately is poor but at least it pays. (And usually has a bar tab included) I'm looking for someone to pick up some of the gigs. I enjoy working with these guys but I have previous bookings. They are all nice people, good players, and don't have the volume issue sometimes associated with this genre. Mostly my conflict is friday and Saturday nights. there would be a few practices required because some of the changes are not what you'd expect, but once that's covered - it's an easy gig and you get lots of solos - in fact, you would be the only soloist so it's a fun gig. College crowds too, so there is plenty to look at but they wont mind if you're a "seasoned" player like me. If we could work something out- I have some other (corporate type) gigs from time to time I could send your way too.

Thanks all.

·
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow - I guess some of you should move to the ATL. I keep reading here how hard it is to find steady work but I can't ever seem to find a sax player when I need one. I know at least four other ATL players that work all the time, and I'm constantly getting calls for bar and corporate gigs. The sad thing is that I'm the worst player I know (but good at networking) and even I've got more offers than I can field. This particular opportunity would be great for someone looking to grow with a band. They have as good of a chance as I've seen in recent years of breaking out of the local scene. Good tunes, youth, business sense, and a dedicated following in just a few short months....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,241 Posts
Fader, thanks for putting this out there man, if i were a little closer i would jump on it ............. wheres all the Atl. guys? is everyone working ? man, maybe i need to relocate ..............................

·
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rufus- Savannah is a beautiful city. My Father in law lives in Sand Fly - walking distance to the Drift Away. I have a standing invatation to gig there anytime but I haven't got around to it yet. I was thinking of bringing a 3-4 piece band over one day and doing a Friday and Saturday thing there. When I finally get around to it - I'll put you in the loop and maybe you'd like to come play a bit....It'll be a low key pop / acoustic kinda gig. I wasn't even planning on bringing a sax - just guitar / bass / drums and vox... Let me know.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
146 Posts
Fader, thanks for putting this out there man, if i were a little closer i would jump on it ............. wheres all the Atl. guys? is everyone working ? man, maybe i need to relocate ..............................

The Atlanta guys, and everyone else that might need a gig, are probably off reading other areas of the board and have no idea this opportunity exists.

I had a gig for someone this afternoon, in Bangkok, and looking around on the site last night I couldn't figure out where the best place to put the notice would be.

A "WORK AVAILABLE FOR SAXOPHONE PLAYERS" section might be a good addition to this board -- if/when any moderators read this.

·
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Atlanta guys, and everyone else that might need a gig, are probably off reading other areas of the board and have no idea this opportunity exists.

I had a gig for someone this afternoon, in Bangkok, and looking around on the site last night I couldn't figure out where the best place to put the notice would be.

A "WORK AVAILABLE FOR SAXOPHONE PLAYERS" section might be a good addition to this board -- if/when any moderators read this.
I agree. I've had a few members respond from time to time when I post these opportunities, but it's always a day late. :(

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
Yeah, Fader, I just noticed this! Would a tenor/soprano double work?
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts