Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have an EWI USB and while I love the instrument and the way it plays, I'm very dissatisfied with the sounds provided by the included Garritan software. If any of you know of a way for me to get some new sounds for this instrument, I would really appreciate your help. I'm clueless when it comes to most music technology, MIDI included.

Thanks,
Steppin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No luck, I'm afraid. None of the patches they offer are compatible with EWI USB. BUT! I was doing a research and may have found a solution. I may be able to download the patches, then open them with a program such as Logic, Ableton, Cakewalk, etc (none of which I have) and then run my EWI USB through that program and play the patches that way, but I have no idea as to whether or not this would work, and I don't want to shell out $90 (plus however much for an appropriate software program) to find out.

Can anybody confirm this for me?

Thanks,

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ewireasonsounds.com

Amazing sounds, but you need reason, but they work great with the ewi USB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
38conn: Reason sounds like it could be a good option. Certainly cheaper than upgrading to a compatible EWI, at least for the time being.

dubrosa22: These sound like they could work, but it sounds quite complicated to set up, and as I'm really, really bad with computers, I hesitate to take the risk. The Kontakt player seems like the most user-friendly option, but I don't know if it can be compatible with third party sounds, like those created by Patchman. Is there any more information you could provide?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I've just barely dipped into the Kontakt player (and not with an EWI, just a keyboard midi) but there are lots of 3rd party patches out. It's quite popular.
Did you see the 2nd Kontakt link I provided? An example of EWI specific Kontakt patches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts