Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

I am going to montreux this year and plan on staying for for a week during the jazz fest. Does anyone have recommendations for accommodation? I would like somewhere that is easy to get to the festival(obviously), perhaps a short bike ride . Does not need to be fancy either, should suit a couple.

Also wondering how far ahead accommodation books out. I have contacted a few people already, none of them all that keen to take bookings yet. On that note, do tickets fr shows sell out well in advance?

thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I went last year - I would highly recommend staying in the nearby town of Vevey. Much nicer atmosphere & richer cultural experience than Montreux in my opinion. Like Montreux, it's right on Lake Geneva...very quick trip by train (which runs regularly) - maybe 15 kms away? You could easily bike it...or even walk it! It's a great walk along Lake Geneva, absolutely beautiful.

Tickets for certain shows sell within a day or two (last year concerts like Herbie Hancock/Lang Lang went in about 2 days) but it won't be like the insanity of trying to buy world series tickets or anything.

And it's never too early to start brushing up on your French! PM me if you have any questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts