Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only number I found is on the neck , 12525 ...

From what period dates this one ?

Not playing at all , what should I pay for it .it is from a friend ...

·
Registered
707 Posts
The serial number on the body is probably stamped in a small font just under the F tonehole (RH 1). From the body features and the keywork I’d expect it to match the neck serial number.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
Hello, I agree with Vries1, serial numbers of these are generally hidden on the body by the keys not where you normally find them.

It looks pretty nice , the brass versions are not as common in the EU as Silver and Nickelplate are.

I’ve bought these for all sorts of prices (sometimes very low) but sold them anything between €750 to €1000.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The third place where you will find the serial number is behind the LH pinky table.

The horn discussed here has a mix of "Monopole I" features (like the strap ring and the octave mechanism) and "Monopole II" (O pattern on the keyguards). In my web research, I have seen a handful of such horns in the serial range 11000-13000. My guess for a date would be around 1963, but there are no reliable records.

milandro must be a very good seller to fetch the prices he mentions. At least in France, such a horn in un-revised state wouldn't move for anything north of €400, more probably €300 - €350.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
Not a particularly good seller but if you buy in France ( where Couesnons are plentiful) at those prices you should be able to sell in other countries for more.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Those are cool horns and play quite well. In the US there's very few people looking for one, so even clean examples in great playing shape can go for as little as $500. If this one you're looking at doesn't play because it needs a repad, you could be upside down if you pay anything at all for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts