Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you rewire a Varitone so that you dont need the monster amp...or are the "brains" in the amp making that impossible????

ive got the horn unit with the multi pin connector,but not the amp

thanx

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..i was expecting an answer from you!!! but i really am under the impression that the varitone is not like the King octavoice which has all the effects in the box....the reason I think that is because of the 5 or 6 pin plug...i assume it is sending the individual effects to dedicated points on the amp.

·
Distinguished SOTW Researcher
2,848 Posts
I'd think twice about modifying the Varitone, it probably has more value in original condition. What you really need to do is find an original condition amp, or a guy with an amp who wants to buy the horn. The matched set would probably have some value as a collector's item to some buyers.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the Varitone setup. But generally, the best plan for things like this with collector's value is to removed the electronics and pickup intact and then find newer stuff to put inside the existing enclosures. That way everything is completely reversible should you want to sell the sax in the future. Anything you do that you cannot completely reverse will definitely devalue the horn.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts