Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
That LH bell key model is probably a mid 1920s make. Nice that it has new pads and looks playable (by "revised" I think you mean overhauled?).
Unfortunately in the USA there are very, very few people looking to buy Pierrets, so it would likely take a long time to sell for anything more than a couple hundred dollars.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Market value for insurance purposes or for resale?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,811 Posts
this is again a rather complex horn to sell.

The value will certainly vary wildly in different parts of the world, I see on this platform people ascribing values that are totally different than the ones I see all around me in the NL.

This is a nice horn to play but the market for these is essentially collector’s driven. Collectors , for example in Japan or Germany, do look for perfect horns and are very picky about any imperfections ( some loss of lacquer and the evidence of a pushed out dent in the bow, besides, the bell has been recently shined but the rest of the horn has re developed some tarnish) or things like the pad’s choice, also many serious collectors tend to have most of the horns, like this, that are somewhat rare but certainly not unique .

In other words one may sell it to someone just starting a collection , but both the player ( I am not talking of the weekend warrior ) and the serious collector will probably pass on this.

I see it being sold for around €1000 where I live. You will need patience one day you will find the right person. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts