Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at an alto I found online for sale.

Listed as a Selmer USA AS100. Upon looking at it, the serial number is 121xxxx. In my research I see that the AS-100 have a serial number begins with 82xxxx.

The only altos I can find with a 121 serial number are Selmer Paris Mark VI. This is definitely a USA.

Can anyone PLEASE help me and tell me what model this thing is!?!

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
8,035 Posts
The problem is its not a 100 - its a student model, maybe a 200. The AS100 actually did go into the 1,000,000 toward the end of the run, but its easy to see by the bell brace that this isn't the USA premium sax because it doesn't have the ring brace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1saxman, thanks. Yeah, I know the AS100 is said to be a pro sax and that's what I was looking for. The serial number raised a concern and there is a lyre rig on it. It does sound good. It's listed at near $300, and as I know an AS 100 would potentially be 3 times that, this would be a rare opportunity.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Caveat emptor. What's the bet that if you tell the Seller that you know that it can't be an AS100 that their excuse will be something like "oh, but that's what I was told that it was, so don't blame me, because I'm not an expert" ?... Yeah, right !
Well done for asking here before buying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts