Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a week or so I've been having difficulties getting the desktop site on my mobile.

I tried the mobile view a while back and found it horrible, so set my browser to 'desktop site' and have been happy so far.

A few days ago the mobile view started imposing itself on the browser regardless of settings.

How can I keep enjoying the desktop site on my mobile?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Happens all the time. But, on the left hand side of the mobile version, there is a menu icon. Click it to get a list of options, scroll completely down and you’ll see “Exit enhanced mobile view” or something similar. This will work for a few days normally, until it switches automatically to this “enhanced” (ahem) version.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Good to hear! Well it isn't a definitive solution. First you'll get the forum ask whether you would like to "try" the "enhanced" view. It doesn't take No for an answer: after a few days it'll switch anyway, and you'll need to repeat the same action to get back to your (and my) preferred type of view.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,876 Posts
This must be to do with expiring cookies. I choose debutante as it seems to be the best mobile theme, but I still get the so-called enhanced mobile view over-riding it from time to time.

·
Administrator
1,518 Posts
Hello,

The enhanced mobile view is the default view. You can change it per session cookies, or if you go to your profile setting Forum Skin to ensure you don't have to continue to change it whenever your mobile cookies expire.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Gerrit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts