Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that a whole chunk of posts went missing this morning (round about 8:22 GMT, ie 03:22 Eastern, 0:22 Pacific)

I presume this must have been a database rollback, or maybe some mysterious other issue and only I see it!)

As you can see there is a big chunk missing from the new posts search results between 03:46 and 08:22

There were posts during that time as normal, but they just suddenly disdappeared, for example I was reading this one:

High priority Lately SOTW is very slow for me, am I alone in ...

I Subscribed to that thread at 08:20 and immediately got a message that it didn't exist, and that's when I noticed the posts missing from the new posts list.

[EDIT at 11:36 GMT =- this thread has now returned]

This is just to let you know it's nothing the SOTW staff did, maybe @VSadmin can shed some light.

I have lost a couple of PMs that I saw earlier and hadn't got around to replying yet.

·
28,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now a few of them have returned, so maybe not a database rollback, but some other weird thing the VSadmin are doing regarding cache or something.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,889 Posts
I have noticed that too.

On a thread where I was participating yesterday I received the alert of a new post ( which I could read in the alert ) I then went to the thread and a whole section of posts had disappeared. It then appeared few hours after.

This happened a couple of times yesterday and today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know if this is relevant but I'm usually up most of the night practicing (insomnia comes with getting old) and when I take a break I usually check this site out and I've noticed that posts vanish during the night for the last several days and then seem to reappear. It's like there are three or four pages of posts and then all of a sudden there's only one page. They come back again the next day and I wondered about that.

·
38,889 Posts
spooky :)

·
28,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they are gradually coming back.

I'm not sure then if everyone is getting the same thing as it's obviously not due to an older database being restored.

I can now see posts up to 6:22 and and I predict that my missing PMs will return soon.

·
28,953 Posts

·
38,889 Posts
I can’t help thinking that, once again, someone in the engine’s room is pulling digital levers or switching switches without having any idea of what it will happen and then is observing what happens.

As so many other times lately, this causes annoyance among the forum’s users. No warnings beforehand, let alone explanations or apologies afterwards.

This is getting an annoying and repeating pattern.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ive noticed that the market place isn't visible from a desktop platform sometimes but I can view it from my mobile browser (using desktop mode in chrome not the enhanced mobile view) AMD also firefox will not load the site due to a security error.

·
Administrator
17,301 Posts

·
28,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Administrator
17,301 Posts

·
Administrator
1,531 Posts
This could be agressive caching, tables out of sync, or a number of other possibilities. I am looking into the two I just mentioned first.
-Philip

·
Administrator
1,531 Posts
Running a script to rebuild thread info on the site. If its still missing, please let me know and I will escalate this. The rebuild will take a few hours to complete.
-Philip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts