Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a new member to this website but I found it online while doing some research for where to send my horn in for repairs. I have a Yamaha YAS-52 that I've owned now for at least 5 years. I have really enjoyed this horn and my father and I have played the same one. Mine is in need of some work and repairs however after 5 years. I'd like to send it in for a good cleaning, re-padding, re-corking, and some re-tuning. However I've never looked into this before and I have no idea where to start or what is a good price. I play in the pep band and concert band while at college so my horn sees lots of use. So ideally I'd like to have a quick but quality repair.

I'd just like some help and suggestions on where to go here in Minnesota. And what the costs are likely to be.

Any suggestions or questions are welcome!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,959 Posts
A bit far from where I've done business.

There's a good guy in St Cloud.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm willing to do a bit of driving for good quality. Do you have names of the places you've gone? or the person in St. Cloud?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
There is a fine repairman in LaCrosse which I recommend at Leithold's Music
There is a music instrument repair school in Minnesota that does good work but I forget where it is maybe near Redwing?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great guy in St Paul, David Dzhubay. Has a busy shop in his house and has done some excellent work for me.

Timbre Brass & Woodwinds

You can reach him at 651-641-8684

K
44 yrs of happy sax

1 - 11 of 11 Posts