Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine owns this alto saxophone and asked me if I knew anything about it. I've never heard of "MINERVA" and there seems to be no information on line about it.

Anyone ever come across one of these?

These photos do not show the entire horn. The inscription reads:

MINERVA

16, Rue George-Sand
La Varenne St. Hilaire
Seine
VERCRUYSSE ET DHONDT

LILLE

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,843 Posts
ask you friend more pictures, French saxophones are always mysterious and fascinating

·
Registered
545 Posts
Those are pretty artistic pictures. :D It looks like a nice sax though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, the photos aren't great. It was a spur of the moment thing. Someone brought a horn backstage to show me. Only had a few minutes. There was someone with a camera and I asked them to take some shots. That's all we got. Funny that it doesn't show up in any searches I've done...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hola me presento, mi nombre paco.y me uno al foro,hace unos dias compre un alto minerva plateado, en mal estado,lo mande al lutier, estoy impaciente, por poder soplarlo,es una marca desconocida.es plata y niquel.mucho gusto por ingresar en el foro.espero estar mucho tiempo soy de fuenlabrada madrid españa gracias ..:: paco

·
Registered
226 Posts
Translation of Paco's post:

Hi! Let me present myself. I am Paco. This is my first time on the forum. Some days ago I bought a plated Mirerva in bad shape. I sent it to the tech. I'm impatient to play it. It's an unknown brand. It's silver and nickel. Many thanks for letting me join the forum. I hope to spend much time. I'm from (Fuenlabrada?) Madrid, Spain.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,979 Posts
Thanks for the translation ! Paco, Bienvenido... Alto or Tenor ?

Apparently there are some around. I agree with Milandro, pretty mysterious and I am also intrigued...right-hand bellkeys with a fork Eb key and some very nice construction details....this isn't an archaic instrument nor is it later than around 1950. If there's any way you (EENYC) can get more photos of it, that would help....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have bought the horn on the spot!
(The vercruysse dhondt silverplated saxophone, not the crap saxophone that uses the name Minerva!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts