Sax on the Web Forum banner

Midwest Clinic 2011-Chicago

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  andre251 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Does anyone know if they will be going to the midwest clinic this year?
I will be going as well as performing for the first time. I am mostly wondering if I will be able to play test saxophones? :) If I understand correctly this is an educational sort of conference....but of course....it would be nice to try saxophones. Am I right?

#2 ·
Hey everyone! I am just back from midwest clinic in chicago. I enjoyed playing a concert on wednesday night as well as doing a presentation with Dennis Diblazio friday morning.

So most importantly, I was trying to play some of the saxophone gear. I played Dakota Saxophones, the Jody Jazz DV and the Warburton saxophone neck. My really killen sax friend told me to make sure to try those saxophone mouthpieces.
So I tried the Dakota saxes....and was not impressed. And then I tried the Jody Jazz DV for the second time. I just could not get a reed to work on it.

*btw, I love jody jazz mouthpieces, can just not get into the DV.

So finally, I tried the Warburton necks just to try them and then wanted to check out the mouthpieces. I love my current neck and mouthpiece.

Basically, I played the Warburton neck on Friday afternoon. I sat there and played for like an hour. I tried playing faster and faster lines and kept seeing and being amazed at how quick the response was. It was also incredibly easy to play up to altissimo. The volume control was also incredibly easy to control. The thing resonated, played well in tuned, responded well, had a brilliant sound. Basically, I might have to re-write this on the Warburton page. I also met Eric Falcon. I was not really able to talk to him much since I had to run to the airport. I did meet the designer of the necks, and he seemed very nice. Unfortunately, I cannot remember his name. Anwho, I might get the Warburton neck and see if it can actually surpass my Mark VI neck after much more playing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.