Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a few videos of my middle school jazz band with you. The ages of the kids are 10-13 and we rehearse once per week (45 minutes each Tuesday morning before school). Let me know what you think!

Big Dipper

Amazing Grace

Brincano Com Fogo (we commissioned this piece to be written for our band this year by my friend and great composer Drew Zaremba)

#makejazzfunagain

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!

They obviously have someone pointing them in the right direction. Great job man!

The kids are lucky to have you.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
As a 65 year old, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear young folks playing this music! I absolutely love it. They sound better than we dol
My hat's off to you, man...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've heard quite a few middle and high school jazz bands the last several years as my daughter has progressed, and this group sounds great for their ages! Great job!

·
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds great! Great job and props to the kids!!!
Thanks so much!

Congrats!!!!!!

They obviously have someone pointing them in the right direction. Great job man!

The kids are lucky to have you.
Wow, very flattered. Much appreciated!

As a 65 year old, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear young folks playing this music! I absolutely love it. They sound better than we dol
My hat's off to you, man...
I really appreciate that- it's amazing what kids can do. If you leave your ego at home, pick the right music, get them excited, and teach well, the sky is the limit!

I've heard quite a few middle and high school jazz bands the last several years as my daughter has progressed, and this group sounds great for their ages! Great job!
Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,417 Posts
I agree with GT. It’s hard to believe these are middle school kids. These kids sound like a really good high school band and you’re doing a great job conducting.

·
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with GT. It’s hard to believe these are middle school kids. These kids sound like a really good high school band and you’re doing a great job conducting.
Thank you!! Btw the drummer on the 1st tune is 10 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,443 Posts
Very encouraging to hear this.

Thank you for your work.

Really cool.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,411 Posts
I love middle school jazzers!
So eager to learn and show off their newly aquired skills.
This group of young musicians are doing an outstanding job. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts