Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm recently deciding between a new replacement neck or an original microtuner neck for a 1922 Conn New Wonder. Thanks to a helpful member online I have the oportunity for an original which is awesome, but I'm just not to sure about the microtuner in general.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any opinions,

Ryan

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Ryan: If the microtuner was original for your saxophone, I'd say do it. The microtuner itself is no problem - if it works (some don't but I guess that can be fixed). Just snug up your mouthpiece then let the microtuner do its duty. DAVE

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
If you ever go to sell the horn, you MIGHT lose value on it, if you don't have a orginal microtuner neck. If you buy a newer replacment, it might raise some serious questions about the horn, that you may or may not be able to answer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hitech Tuner

I love the microtuner on my Conn (100xxx). I don't have experience with others, but this one works perfectly. What a pleasure to play a longtone and while watching the tuner, dial the horn into tune. I'm always thrown when I play another 'more modern' sax and realize remember I have to stop playing, yank the MP back or forth, sometimes messing up the ligature and reed placement and then 'try again'. Knowing how well mine works, I can't understand why this feature has not been resurrected by the industry.

MM

·
2,487 Posts
i love mine!
not a conn, but its the best neck ive ever played on!
great response, it really adds to the sound, and also the microtuner is really precise!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Great help, just what I was hoping to hear:)

·
2,319 Posts
OCdt TANG said:
Hi,

I'm recently deciding between a new replacement neck or an original microtuner neck for a 1922 Conn New Wonder. Thanks to a helpful member online I have the oportunity for an original which is awesome, but I'm just not to sure about the microtuner in general.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any opinions,

Ryan
The one on my Chu alto didn't move but my repairman was able to get it to work w/o any problems. So=go for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts