Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,210 Posts
I have owned one of those. As soon as I saw your title I knew exactly what you were going to show pictures of.
That's funny. Not sure what that's all about but I have owned one of those. That could be the one I owned years ago.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no logical explanation for the odd tip size. Maybe the engraving was done for someone who favoured waltzes (3/4), who knows.

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,210 Posts
There's no chance of that.

Nobody favors waltzes...lol

Some may fancy waltzes, but no one favors them. :)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never saw the score of "FavThings", but it rather feels like a 6/8 to me. Anyway, I hope someone will be able to explain about the 2 3/4 tip size of the Meyer Bros before the last waltz comes to an end. BTW: I think there are many guys who tried to compose a waltz but failed, for example Dave Brubeck with "Take Five" and "Unsquare Dance" (two failures). After that he gave up....

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
3,443 Posts
Probably a joke played on an apprentice working at the shop.

"Hey kid... this one is a 2 3/4 facing - mark it up then go to the tool crib and get a smoke bender and left-handed tap-hammer."

·
Registered
786 Posts
Probably a joke played on an apprentice working at the shop.

"Hey kid... this one is a 2 3/4 facing - mark it up then go to the tool crib and get a smoke bender and left-handed tap-hammer."
LOL. My first job was in a grocery store. There were several jokes played on the rookies:
-Go to the basement and get a mop (store didn't have a basement)
-We need you to stay late and shake the salad dressing bottles
-Please fluff all of the marshmallows
-Squeeze all of the bread loaves

1 - 13 of 13 Posts