Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rico Royal Metalite M9 Bb Clary mp that I would like to price for selling. Googling turned up squat for value... Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
The Saxist:{)

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
I'd say $40. They only went for ~$20-25 new. I think they are worth more than that. But if a store has any NOS (new old stock) they would probably sell them for <$25.

·
2,487 Posts
yer, sounds about right, but considering that a whole bunch sold on ebay for no more than $15 each a short time back, and they were for tenor, which i think were more expensive new.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The Saxist - What are your impressions of that MPC?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on how it plays.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I might be interested in it, what do they play like? They aren't high baffle like the sax pieces are they?
Nevermind, I just bought a vintage Brilhart on Ebay.. still curious though.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Metalite Clary thoughts

Thanks for the replys. The Metalites have a high "lake" baffle, and a small throat. Open tip. Meant to play loud in a Big Band setting. I didn't like it on an R13, but it was Okay on an old Noblet with a Legere 2.5.

·
13,036 Posts
I had one for a while. Never did care for it. Couldn't get a decent sound with any reed tried on any clarinet. I traded it for a chewed up meyer alto piece in need of a refacing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i used to have one of those. couldn't get it to focus with any reed i tried, and it was massively flat on all my clarinets. it wasn't too much louder then my classical pieces, and what it had in volume it lost in projection due to lack of focus. i sold it on ebay for like twelve bucks a couple of months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts