Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got a Brancher "J" chamber and a SR Tech PRO. Haven't played metal Jody yet.

Similarities: Both are gold plated brass :lol:, play smoothly on a 2.5 ZZ/Red Java reed, although my brancher J15 (.060") plays slightly easier than SR tech. Intonation is quite accurate from low Bb to high F#. Both have wide tonal variety while maintaining some sweetness throughtout.

For comparison, the Brancher has a much smaller beak angle and size than SR tech. The SR tech has a bigger and more vibrant tone in general, while the Brancher sounds more crispy (but never piercing). When pushed, the Brancher can sound brighter to a more "smooth jazz" feel, while the SR tech sounds bright, full and powerful that reminds me of rock/funk music.

Hope this helps...

p.s. I'm selling them both here in the marketplace.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Riccana , thanks for the advice. Currently I am playing a Lamberson F7 and I love it. My experience with metal has been pretty disappointing. Beechler, Bari and Rovner. Now I am using a couple of refaced Selmer's one by Jon Van Vie and Bob Ackerman. I would like to be sure neither of them( sr and Brancher ) does not sound like the pieces I tried.
Also I would like to know why you sell them and if you are interested in any trade for one of the Selmers.
My mail is [email protected]t.mx
Thanks again,
Salomon

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Only had the metal Brancher J21,it was very nice and rich.Easy blower.It could sing.Well made pieces,had the J an B tenor metals also,as good as the sop mp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts