Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to meet Eric tonight as he was playing with the Yellowjackets in St. Pete. Nice guy, awesome player! Still playing his Mark VI........:)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
How did you get to meet him? Meet and greet after the concert?

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was at a small Jazz club called Dino's. I got to chat with him during a break. This is the same place I got to chat with Michael Paulo and Jeff Kashiwa. I am very lucky!:)
He said he may come back in November with guitarist Chuck Loeb.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
That is very cool. When I saw the Rippington's last summer, I was looking forward to seeing Eric as advertised. Instead, the audience was surprised by Jeff Kashiwa walking on stage. That was a real treat, he's awesome.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
404 Posts
Joe, I live in the marina right by Dino's (walking distance). I didn't go to the yellow jackets, but was there for Jeff Kashiwa.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had the opportunity to meet Eric a fews years back. He is a super great guy, I had driven him from the college to his hotel so it was nice to get to chat with him. He is the most down to earth individual I have met. He gave me a lesson for no charge, and I was able to do a performance with him, that was a great weekend!!!

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SuperDave said:
Joe, I live in the marina right by Dino's (walking distance). I didn't go to the yellow jackets, but was there for Jeff Kashiwa.

Lucky you! I have to drive 45 minutes to get there every time!:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts