Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my pleasure to announce Melissa Aldana as the 1st and foremost artist endorser for Marantz Custom Mouthpieces' Slant Legacy HR mouthpiece for tenor sax. Melissa is one of the leading voices in today's world of saxophonists. I am extremely proud to have her as an artist, and she is playing an 8* .115" that I personally made her from my Slant Legacy HR line for tenor sax.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Premium Member
15,486 Posts
Congrats, Matt!
She’s a great player, and always really fun to listen to.
Keep up the great work.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,794 Posts
It is my pleasure to announce Melissa Aldana as the 1st and foremost artist endorser for Marantz Custom Mouthpieces' Slant Legacy HR mouthpiece for tenor sax. Melissa is one of the leading voices in today's world of saxophonists. I am extremely proud to have her as an artist, and she is playing an 8* .115" that I personally made her from my Slant Legacy HR line for tenor sax.

Cheers,
Matt
That's great to hear. She's a terrific player!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Yep really good stuff, Matt makes great mouthpieces. As an aside, I've always been curious on how low on the cork her mouthpieces sit... or is her cork just super long?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,794 Posts
Yep really good stuff, Matt makes great mouthpieces. As an aside, I've always been curious on how low on the cork her mouthpieces sit... or is her cork just super long?
That looks to me like a D'Addario mouthpiece in that picture which has a higher rollover baffle in it. Matt's Slant doesn't have that high a baffle so I would imagine it is in quite a bit further with his mouthpiece.......

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
That looks to me like a D'Addario mouthpiece in that picture which has a higher rollover baffle in it. Matt's Slant doesn't have that high a baffle so I would imagine it is in quite a bit further with his mouthpiece.......
Endorses it but plays something else? Seems the way it goes.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Matt's piece sits in about the same spot. And I've seen live video of her playing it so she's one of those endorsers who actually plays what they endorse.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Endorses it but plays something else? Seems the way it goes.
No, I am sorry, but that is not accurate. Melissa is 100% playing one of my mouthpieces, the Slant Legacy model, in an 8* .115" tip size. She has been playing it for almost a year now, since she got it, and has recently given me permission to officially endorse her since she decided to stay on it. If you feel the need to confirm this then please either A) go see her play or B) ask her about it: https://www.facebook.com/melissa.aldana.3958/

To avoid any confusion about my ad, yes that is a different piece in the stock promo photo but *only* because Melissa's schedule and my own schedule did not line up for a photo shoot with the mouthpiece in between the time that I found out we were going to do this ad with Downbeat, and the time they gave me as a cutoff to be able to send in promo materials to put the ad together. We had to send Downbeat something, so we used one of her stock promo photos and I had to settle for this.

I have attached two photos from this past weekend where Melissa was playing at the Jazz Standard in NYC. The red-ish one is from my phone and isn't clear enough, but in the photo I found online of this week's gig, she is clearly using the piece.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt's piece sits in about the same spot. And I've seen live video of her playing it so she's one of those endorsers who actually plays what they endorse.
Thanks buddy! Yes as you can see in the more recent photos I posted above, she is definitely playing one of these. The photo we had to us for the Downbeat ad was one of her old stock promo photos. We had to settle for that one because of scheduling differences. They did such a nice job with the Downbeat ad, I thought I would share it here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts