Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yo da man!
That's a nice tune your playing. What's the title of the piece and who wrote it?

Ben

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saxmusiclover said:
Yo da man!
That's a nice tune your playing. What's the title of the piece and who wrote it?

Ben
Thanks Saxmusiclover! I appreciate it. The name of the tune is called Joyful Joyful (We Adore Thee) and I am not sure who wrote it but it's a very popular song. You can find it anywhere and in any type of style.

I messed up alittle bit and I apologize to every one! lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
You don't have to apologize. We all do that (mess it up a bit). Keep on practicing and you'll probably surprise yourself (you'll soon be much better than you thought you could be).

It was actually written by Beethoven (found it here http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh089.sht)
I think I'll learn it myself.
Thanks.
:D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Great presentation and good start on soprano.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Wish I trusted the internet more;I'd you tube the 9 year old on soprano(playing soprano since age 6)!!!!!!I admire your willingness too share. You are obviously a beginner but you show promise!!!!!!!Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress(more you tubes)!!!!It took me 2 months to get used to playing soprano.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sycc said:
Wish I trusted the internet more;I'd you tube the 9 year old on soprano(playing soprano since age 6)!!!!!!I admire your willingness too share. You are obviously a beginner but you show promise!!!!!!!Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress(more you tubes)!!!!It took me 2 months to get used to playing soprano.
Thank you sycc. It really is a scary feeling when you think about it, how many people are watching your videos, you don't know them, but there's nothing wrong with it. How do you think actors deal with it? There's problably 8 billion people watching Jim Carrey's movies right now (I want to see fun with Dick & Jane btw).

If you don't feel comfortable showing videos, you can make audio that's cool too and you can put it on soundclick or something.

Thanks again and I'll keep you updated on my progress. ;) :D

And thank you A Greene! It means alot to me!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor
4,379 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
;) That was fun, J'. Thanks for sharing that. Cool concept.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I love how you dressed up for the occasion :D

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
JazzItUp,

I've merged your two threads discussing the same subject. It is against the SOTW forum rules to open the same topic in multiple threads/multiple forums i.e. "Cross
Posting".

Cheers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ooops! My fault doc. But you can't say cheers after somebody has done something wrong. That's like the equivalent to somebody going to jail for murder, and the judge is like, "Son, you have been charged for murder. You are sentenced to jail for life! Cheers!"

·
Registered
562 Posts
Brings a amile to my face everytime I watch. Thanks Mayho

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
JIU,
Great start. You epitomize what we're all in it for! Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bluesaxgirl said:
Nice tone. How long have you been playing?
thanks bluesaxgirl that means alot. I have only been playing the Soprano for about two weeks or so but I have been playing the Alto & Tenor for about 6 months.

The Soprano is a diffrent animal though. When you're not looking it can bite you in the *** :D. I love that instrument though!

What do you mean McDonald's video??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts