1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
very nice horn (drool)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
before you introduce me.. could you post some pics and soundclips of them...
heheheh as they get older and better "sounding" the image (aesthetics) importance starts to fade out of the big picture... if you know what I mean

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heheheh as they get older and better "sounding" the image (aesthetics) importance starts to fade out of the big picture... if you know what I mean
hmm very nice said...and i think i know what you mean....
Greetz Marcus

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,412 Posts
A Super 20 w/silver bell and neck, with the gold wash in the bell intact is one of the best-looking saxes ever made.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,412 Posts
Unfortunately I can't play anything but Selmers/clones now everything else feels funny. But my very first tenor was a used early Super 20 (silver neck, full pearls, all bow/bell keys engraved) that I got for Christmas at age 16. My Mom got it at a pawn shop for $90 - hey, it was 1961! What would I give to have that one back. I had an older mentor at the time who gave me a 90/2 metal Berg that had been messed-with. It was a real good combo with the Super 20. He also drilled into my head the study/practice of chords, which was one of the most important things anybody ever taught me on sax. Many years later I bought a Super 20 on ebay but it was a mistake - you can't go home. It is what it is. But, I'm happy with my tenors now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts