Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,337 Posts
If no wine cork, use the plastic end cap that plugs into the neck receiver at the top of the horn, prior to storage in the case. Works just as well as a cork dropped into the bell for gurgling.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,337 Posts
Lesson learned: -never- divulge ANY info other than what's necessary to view the horn. People do sh*tty stuff, so you have to be prepared. Process: 1) view the item 2) keep your mouth shut 3) offer a $deal$ to them 4) buy it -immediately- or walk away and move on. Anything else is opening yourself up to crap like this.

I once(lonnnng ago) responded to a local newspaper ad for a Selmer M6 alto for sale. I went by, took a look, talked $$$ and we settled on $150, cash. Yup, you heard me right....unfortunately, I didn't have the cash -with- me, so I went by the ATM and was back in about 10 minutes. OOPS, seller reconsidered, upped the price to $175. I countered with $162.50 and walked out with a sax and a very important lesson learned. And, fwiw, I didn't get too pissed with the seller, as I brought it all on myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts