Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this mouthpiece with a used horn that I bought at a local music store a few years ago. I have searched all over the web for it, and have found nothing at all. It would be great if anyone could tell me anything about this mouthpiece's value or origin.

Fluid Cylinder Material property Bicycle part Gas

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,329 Posts
It looks like a Riffaul blank. Not sure of value.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,329 Posts

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,869 Posts
That does look like it might be it. How does that work exactly is it sold blank and then branded by another company?
It could be a blank that the "Mastertone" company (whatever that might be, I don't know) used to make it's own mouthpieces from or it could be a finished mouthpiece that Riffault (assuming they originated the blank/mouthpiece) made and stamped for Mastertone. If you search the forum (the box in the upper right) you'll see that Mastertone has been discussed in relation to both mouthpieces and horns, so you can probably find out more than you really wanted to know by doing a little digging here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be a blank that the "Mastertone" company (whatever that might be, I don't know) used to make it's own mouthpieces from or it could be a finished mouthpiece that Riffault (assuming they originated the blank/mouthpiece) made and stamped for Mastertone. If you search the forum (the box in the upper right) you'll see that Mastertone has been discussed in relation to both mouthpieces and horns, so you can probably find out more than you really wanted to know by doing a little digging here.
Thanks man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts