Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just bought a second-hand EWI 4000s yesterday and all was going well until I noticed that whatever I played (happens on every sound, some worse than other), there is an incredibly strong reverb sound. Like impossible to play melodic lines strong. Anyone encountered this before/know how to fix it? I've tried turning the on-board reverb to 0 but that didn't work, do I have to use the external editor?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,977 Posts
This sounds vaguely familiar so I am wondering if it happened to me also. I can't remember the specifics or exactly how I fixed it but I remember going through the instruction manual and experimenting with many things. I remember adjusting something that I would never in a million years thought would affect what my issue was and it fixed it. I can't remember for the life of me what that thing was. In the book from page 21-27 are the things I think I messed with. I remember seeing something with some letters that it shouldn't have been controlling. I flipped that to different letters or off and my problem was fixed. Sorry I can't be more specific......I would just go through the book and learn what each button does, check the settings and maybe adjust some and after each adjustment test and see if it is fixed.

https://www.patchmanmusic.com/manuals/EWI4000s_v24_Manual.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts