Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my transcription of Masato Honda's alto solo and cadenza on "Tank!" from The Seatbelts's "Souvenir of Tokyo" DVD. You can watch/listen to this particular tune here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_25mVjKwcc

For those you of unfamiliar with the chart, it's essentially a concert C minor blues with a slightly altered turnaround and a bridge.

I believe there's already a transcription of the studio version out there somewhere (albeit a rather unpolished one), so I decided against reposting my own transcription of it in favor of this live one.

I really like this live performance more than the original studio track. I think this solo is much tastier, but they're still both great tracks... and Honda is such a monster on both of them!

The (semi-)famous alto cadenza found at the end of the tune is handwritten (forgive my handwriting; it's not easy being a lefty!), as it would be far too complicated to enter weird time signatures and note values into Finale and still have it look playable. Because it's played rather freely, It's rather difficult to interpretate without hearing the real thing... so as always, listen to the recording to really understand how Honda plays it.

Also, because I've seen some people on other sites pass some of my transcriptions off as their own, I've started putting a simple watermark on my transcriptions. Not that I don't trust everyone here, of course :bluewink:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Um, you wouldn't put in a key signature and just put the bars in 2/8 time or whatever and hide the bar lines and time signaure. Simple.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for keeping this relevant.

I did that at first, but I didn't think it laid out the interpretation of the notes that well.

Maybe you should redo your transcription of it, and stop being such an arrogant jerk on the boards. If you don't like why I did it, simply look away!

To anyone else in browsing this thread: if you want the transcription, email/PM me. I've deleted the attachments on my first post.
Sorry, but I'm tired of dealing with the trolls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts