Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking at a Martin Imperial Elkhart Indiana USA. Serial number # 300XXX. Any opinions on approx age and reputation of these horns?

Thanks

Bill

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,120 Posts
I have one for sale and it would be below a pro horn but better than a student model. Mine has the nice Martin sound but the keywork is not as fancy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Martin Imperial 300xxx

Martin Imperial serial 303xxxI am selling one on Craigs List in Boston, I have included some pictures there as well. The sax sounds great , with rolled tone holes. Very similar to the Martin Commitee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Martin Imperial 300xxx

Martin Imperial serial 303xxxI am selling one on Craigs List in Boston, I have included some pictures there as well. The sax sounds great , with rolled tone holes. Very similar to the Martin Commitee.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was just looking at a Martin Imperial alto serial#300xxx myself. It says it has been completely refurbished already and had all new pads, corks, springs, etc. The starting bid is $300 .... is that reasonable, or too much?

Candy

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,120 Posts
I just sold one 315,xxx for $350 with good pads and lacquer. Last of the real Elkhart Martins made in 1970.

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
667 Posts
Tone Holes?

MusicManMike said:
Hi, my 313XXX Imperial has the classic beveled tone holes. Nice horn!

--Sidepipes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts