Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

Anyone one of u guys own a tenor martin handcraft(the one with bell keys on the sides?) and also which contoured cases can fit the horn without damaging or causing too much pressure to the side bell keys??

Vincent.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Martin Contoured case.

I modified a BAM softpack to fit a client's Martin alto. I would imagine that a similar modification would work on tenor applications. Leave the plastic accessory compartment off. Make a slit in the liner near the low B/Bb guards to accomodate removal of some of the foam. Tuck the liner in and glue. Repeat process where any posts or guards conflict.

·
Registered
268 Posts
BAM softpack's will fit just about any style keys (RH, LH, and split bell keys), given time. I had one for a Buescher Big B tenor that it worked great with, just had to make sure to keep using it for the first month so as to mold the foam to the right shape. A little bit pricey, but they're very nice cases, and I think the foam used is one of the best materials in any case. If only someone would take a Walt Johnson shell and use BAM softpack interior, now that would be an ultimate case!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts