Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone.Just a few questions about this great horn I was lucky to get off Ebay ,with advice and help from fellow SOTW member Basil B.Thanks again. BB.I have had it reppaded with THIN pads that you all advise and it is just great to play, Oh I had all the corking replaced as well.I am getting a Meyer 6star mouthpiece sorted by Ed Zentera, as I only have a plastic 5star piece at the moment.Could the alto be gold plated, did Martin do any around 111xxx serial number as there seems to be silver showing in places between the gold and the brass body.Also does anyone know about the XX stamped on the neck opposite the serial number. This has been asked before on an old thread but was not solved.Thanks for a great site. It has helped my playing and I have and are learning a lot from you all.racer...

·
SOTW Interviews/Editor, Distinguished SOTW Member,
1,186 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Neil.This sax is within twenty didgets of that 1937 one with every thing the same.Mine has the matching neck.Still wondering about the XX on the neck. also the plating, it is a great player and weights so heavy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts