Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking on perhaps picking up this sax. Haven't got a hold of the seller yet just looking on the sax itself. Of course it's about the condition it's in and so on.
Im waiting on more info on it. What I read about theese saxes they seemed to be well liked and it's a good brand.
The asking price is 1150us and it should be in good working condition and shouldn't need a complete overhaul. But also looking on the pic it seems that is well used also.

So I just wanted some input on it before i decide I'm gonna pick up or not.

Below is the pics I have for now

Skickat från min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
What he said.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought so. It's gonna be tommorow that I see if the seller accepts my offer or if someone else decides to blend in and steel it from me.
It's in good condition and I got much better pics on it now and I'm gonna send it to a shop that knows this sax and have him go thruu it and see so it's in wery good condition and up2date.

Keeping fingers crossed that i get it tommorow.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,887 Posts
very low price, this horn would command at least €2500 to €3000 in the NL. The pictures are already very good. This horn is very LITTLE used for a horn this age, if it were less used it would have been undisturbed in his case after being sold!

There is nothing that suggests to me that this isn’t a great and ridiculously undervalued sax. Good luck!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,444 Posts
'seems to be well-used'

You seem to be misinformed. That is one of the most beautiful CIIIs I've ever seen. Its about half price so I hope the seller doesn't read this forum.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
I thought so. It's gonna be tommorow that I see if the seller accepts my offer or if someone else decides to blend in and steel it from me.
Why make an offer if it is already a good deal? This makes little sense to me.

No one is “stealing” it from you if you are trying to hold out for a better deal, and someone else pays the asking price.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,027 Posts
Why make an offer if it is already a good deal? This makes little sense to me.

No one is “stealing” it from you if you are trying to hold out for a better deal, and someone else pays the asking price.
What he said!

·
Registered
129 Posts
It looks similar to mine (I mean the condition) and I paid nearly the same amount for it a few months back (plus shipping, VAT, etc.). Despite looking fine, it did have leaks at the tone holes, so prepare to visit your repair technician (and calculate with that cost as well). However, it is certainly worth the asking price and more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And now everybody knows about it never post anything before the auction is over is gonna be a lesson to be learned.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Don't worry, not that many Swedes on this forum and only a few hours left :) Better if it's a fair auction anyway.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,887 Posts
I am not going to bid but for that price it is an absolute bargain and as I said, it would easily command twice the price. I I would have seen it locally I would have bought it for sure.

As far as I know horns ( and technicians) are very expensive in Sweden and this should have been gathering a lot of attention

·
Registered
708 Posts
And now everybody knows about it never post anything before the auction is over is gonna be a lesson to be learned.

Congrats on the new tenor saxophone!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Woop Woop nice one of my dream saxes. I still have a few on my would like to own list but I'll start here. Just keeping fingers crossed that it dosent need to much work. But I'll totally restore it if needed.

There are several people in sweden that know what they are doing. But if anyone has someone like mayby in the UK or near Sweden that is a good person and good knowledge on theese vintage saxes
Plz send me some info who I can turn to.

Heard that there are some really good shops in Denmark also.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,023 Posts
Just saw this thread. Yes, that's a good horn and a good deal. Even if it needs some work, it's still a good deal. If I'm reading correctly, the winning bid was 12,500 kr which is about $1300 US. Good price for a potentially great horn in very good condition for its age.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Hope you were successful in acquiring this beauty, and can now count yourself as one of the lucky members of the Martin fan club.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hope you were successful in acquiring this beauty, and can now count yourself as one of the lucky members of the Martin fan club.
Yes i won the auction. It's arriving to me on Monday and I'm just gonna test it out and then ship it off to a tech in NL to get it tuned, cleaned and ready to play thoose beautiful tunes it provides

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yes i won the auction. It's arriving to me on Monday and I'm just gonna test it out and then ship it off to a tech in NL to get it tuned, cleaned and ready to play thoose beautiful tunes it provides
Are you not worried shipping it to another country might lead to it being damaged while shipping?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts