Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I recently saw a martin bari for sale with a high f attachment added to it. I was wondering if this is actually effective. I've heard stories of other people doing this with their vintage conns and suddenly the rest of the horn doesn't resinate as well and the tuning is all screwy. That may be just because the tone hole was misplaced, but are there any success stories out their with Martin baris? Please let me know. thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,030 Posts
Is this a new tonehole for high F, together with the keywork, or just the mechanism for the front F when the horn already has the plam key and hole ?

Rhys

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,183 Posts
Yup....adding a front F key wouldn't change the intonation of any horn, it's just a mechanism and it's relatively easy to do, also.

But adding a tonehole to ANY existing horn ?? ...wow....wouldn't touch that with a 30-foot pole.

·
More horns than I'm worthy of . . .
1,751 Posts
How many bari parts will require a front F? Seems like a lot of trouble for not a lot of return.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I use a front F on Bari all the time, but it's a small group, not a big band, and I spend a lot of time on the upper end of the horn.

Is that front F mod perchance being sold by MartinMods?

Before you jump in any direction regarding this mod, you probably want to do a search on him and others that provide this modification on the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts