Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for not being able to access. How do I get Marketplace?

Reactions: Charlie J

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,174 Posts
what do you mean you can’t access the Marketplace? You can’t view the ads? You can’t write ads? You can’t reply to ads?.... you can’t find it through all the threads ( remember the marketplace is now called Classified) ?

The first two would be a “ problem” that can be solved by de administrators , nobody can reply to ads, not even their own, if it is simply that you cannot GET there , they are where the link is (classified)

·
Administrator Emeritus
17,447 Posts
Sorry for not being able to access. How do I get Marketplace?
Sandy, as milandro mentioned, the Marketplace is now under:
Home -> Forums -> Classifieds

Here is the direct link to that sub-forum:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heya. When I click on that link supplied just above me, I get...

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

(I'm on mobile if that makes any difference)

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,155 Posts

·
39,174 Posts

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

(I'm on mobile if that makes any difference)
No no difference, but you have only 3 posts and joined 3 months ago, you can’t access the marketplace before you have 50 posts AND 6 months membership (read the rules please )

1. Marketplace eligibility

Eligibility for both viewing and participating in the for sale and want to buy sections are determined by:

a. If you were a member prior to June 16, 2013, you should have Marketplace Privileges regardless of your post count.*
b. For those members joining aft June 16, 2013, Marketplace Privileges are attributed after six months AND 50 posts relevant to saxophone or some aspect of music making. This does not include very short, irrelevant or "+1" type posts that are merely added to increase post count. Repeatedly making such posts will be viewed, and dealt with, as spam.

Reactions: kuztardd

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just spent the last 15 mins looking around and found this answer too.
Then saw saw your replies.
All makes sense now. All good :)

·
39,174 Posts
always a good idea to look around , the answers to most common questions are mostly already here

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
29,155 Posts
I am currently in the process of trying to get the rules made more prominent. I put up a big ugle notice on the old forum if you rememeber , I am no longer able to do that.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it. I did "look around" but obviously not enough. Thanks.

Reactions: mrpeebee

·
Registered
Own brand Soprano / Martin Stencil Alto / Martin Handcraft I Tenor / O'Malley Bari
65 Posts
How do you get permission to view the classifieds? I have no access.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
How do you get permission to view the classifieds? I have no access.
The latest rule I remember reading was you have to be a member for 6 months and have a minimum of 50 posts. The policies have changed slightly since the launching of the new site - for example comments are now allowed again on items for sale in the marketplace so you'd have to check the forum rules to be sure.

The idea is to try and maintain a community and not just have people dashing in to buy or sell a horn and then disappearing.

·
39,174 Posts
because you don’t qualify for the marketplace .... yet. Thant’s why

·
Registered
Own brand Soprano / Martin Stencil Alto / Martin Handcraft I Tenor / O'Malley Bari
65 Posts
The latest rule I remember reading was you have to be a member for 6 months and have a minimum of 50 posts. The policies have changed slightly since the launching of the new site - for example comments are now allowed again on items for sale in the marketplace so you'd have to check the forum rules to be sure.

The idea is to try and maintain a community and not just have people dashing in to buy or sell a horn and then disappearing.
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for, not "you don't qualify yet"

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,816 Posts
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for, not "you don't qualify yet"
If you were looking you would’ve found the answer in posts 5 and 6 as Dr G pointed out...then you wouldn’t have had the chance to be offended when someone simply said you don’t qualify yet because you would’ve never asked the same question that’d already been answered twice previously on this very thread. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you were looking you would’ve found the answer in posts 5 and 6 as Dr G pointed out...then you wouldn’t have had the chance to be offended when someone simply said you don’t qualify yet because you would’ve never asked the same question that’d already been answered twice previously on this very thread. 🤷‍♂️
Not offended. I deserved that. Like practicing the sax, you got to go to the shed...

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,816 Posts
Not offended. I deserved that. Like practicing the sax, you got to go to the shed...
🤣 just a little ribbing. You’ve got the six months in, poke around some of the other topic areas and get involved in conversation to get over the 50 posts threshold...lots of great information and folks who like to chat it up, so it shouldn’t take long.

·
Registered
65 Posts
🤣 just a little ribbing. You’ve got the six months in, poke around some of the other topic areas and get involved in conversation to get over the 50 posts threshold...lots of great information and folks who like to chat it up, so it shouldn’t take long.
Or I can reply to you 50 times, lol.
Nah, I was an original member since 2006. Just no longer have or remember any of those credentials. Didn't play for awhile and so I put my questions away so to speak until last year when I broke out the axes once again and needed info; then I knew where to go.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts