Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I joined this site back in 2017 when I was just getting heavy into jazz, since then this site has taught me a lot of useful things about jazz improv, mouthpieces and the overall history of the sax and I love it. I don't really post as much as I should because I mainly read older posts but recently I have been posting here more. I have just recently discovered that there is a marketplace here that users sell and trade their pieces which sounds awesome because I myself sell and trade some pieces from time to time on eBay so I can become familiar with other pieces, also I have some friends who have some great ones. unfortunately eBay sometimes does not have the best selections haha. I noticed in the rules it says I must have 50 or more posts.. looks like I just made it to 50! any chance I can have access to the marketplace or do I have to wait a little longer? Thanks :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
Click on the triangle in the lower left of your post to contact the moderators. Request access to the Marketplace.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Click on the triangle in the lower left of your post to contact the moderators. Request access to the Marketplace.
Thanks! are referring to the button to report spam and stuff like that or something else because I cant seem to find a triangle on the lower left other that that.

·
32,949 Posts
Is there anyone I can contact about getting access?
Yes. Click on the triangle to contact the moderators - they are the people behind the curtain. It is the same button to report spam. Just say "Hi, I now meet the requirements for access to the Marketplace. Could you please make it happen?"

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. Click on the triangle to contact the moderators - they are the people behind the curtain. It is the same button to report spam. Just say "Hi, I now meet the requirements for access to the Marketplace. Could you please make it happen?"
Ah ok great, thanks!

·
32,949 Posts
Ah ok great, thanks!
You're welcome. That's one "feature" that isn't well documented for new users.

Enjoy the Marketplace!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for that info Dr. G. I just assumed access was automatic after reaching the required post count since at one point I did have access prior to the rule change.

·
32,949 Posts
Thanks for that info Dr. G. I just assumed access was automatic after reaching the required post count since at one point I did have access prior to the rule change.
Many people assume that, R'man, and a great many more users don't realize how to contact the moderators. It would be nice if it were automatic for the ease of both user and moderators, but it's not.

I've contacted Saxismyaxe and asked him to consider adding some instructions to the Marketplace FAQ about how to contact the moderators. The FAQ does, by the way, explicitly direct newly qualified users to contact the moderators, it just doesn't indicate how.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
I, too, wish it were automatic, but that's not possible with the current vbulletin software.

BTW, you can also PM an admin to contact us, but we aren't always on the forum. The report posts function alerts us via email when it's used.

·
Administrator
17,295 Posts
Is there anyone I can contact about getting access?
I just checked and I think you have access now.

Please try (you first might to logoff and on) and let us know if it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.