1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,228 Posts
I have that orange fold out sales brochure, obtained from my junior high school band director back in the early sixties. I've always wondered about a couple of curiosities featured on this booklet. The first is the alto. It seems to have sba bell stampings, and it definately has the double s neck octave key. Also, the soprano shown seems to be an old super, not a mk6.

And I like in the ad copy where they say that the mk6 will have a great trade in value in the future. They nailed that one!

Thanks for sharing, abadcliche.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/MKVII fanatic/Forum Cont
1,211 Posts
the pricing was current when I got mine back in high school (1964-65).....and I remember those booklets well. 47 yrs ago.....time does fly.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,294 Posts
Thank you for these.

It seems to me that Selmer was well aware exactly what the qualities of the Mark VI were, and described them very accurately. The descriptions of the alto and tenor in these brochures could be used verbatim to describe the Selmer 'thing' that was being debated in 600+ posts in that recent thread, qualities which other manufacturers are still trying to emulate and capture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts