#130,162.

Slight chance it is 130,164.

Identifying mark that I can describe.

Thank you.

- Jeff Newton

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
What city/state/country are you in? I'm sure that would help.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just did a Craigslist National search and a google search on this serial number and serial number 130164 and is this the same alto that was stolen in 1989 from the Detroit area? It looks like the same was reposted in 2009 and 2013. Was it stolen again or are you still looking for it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi jth121 -

I just saw your reply, from a Google search. There is a current offer of sale on an instrument that is possibly my stolen Mark VI alto.

To answer your question, yes it is the instrument that was stolen from me on Xmas Eve Eve, 1989, Detroit, Michigan (at Alvin's Finer Deli, near Wayne State University).

I am "still looking for it." It was not recovered and re-stolen from me.

The serial number is 130,162 or 130,164. I can hunt for my purchase receipt in my storage unit in the Detroit area (I'm in NYC) if a candidate presents itself and verify which one is correct; it is one of these. There are also identifying marks on the horn that I can verify.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Have you checked with Selmer historian Doug Pipher ? He has been building a database of Selmer serial numbers for several years. He could probably quickly check his database and tell you if he has encountered this horn during his research. He is a member of this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts