1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks to be a fine horn for Marching Band and all of the abuse that comes with that genre of music. Take it by your local tech and make sure that there are no leaks. During my 17 years of teaching marching band, I always tried to get my woodwind players to pick up a less expensive horn to take out on the field. I think you made a good choice.

·
Registered
784 Posts
It also depends on the model.
I didn't see the model number in the ebay ad.

Winston's bottom end instruments come from China and their high end ones come from Taiwan.

For the price you paid you made out even if the thing is junk.
Nice buy.

As mentioned, have a tech look it over.

It probably won't be as sturdy as an old Conn student model but I would like to hear what your tech thinks about the horn since I sort of collect information about these E.M. Winston instruments.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

It was the basic model (457LX). Came in pretty good condition - only problem was a bent rod which interfered with the octave key. Got that fixed for $20 yesterday (at Borodi's - highly recommended!). My son played it for half an hour and everything checked out good. He's playing it at Cedar Point (Ohio amusement park) today, and he'll be marching with it at the football game tomorrow.

Seems like a successful buy so far.

saxdad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts