Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing Caprice en Forme de Valse for college auditions and want to get some recordings of it, does anyone know where I could get the recording Marcel Mule did of it?

Its called Le Légende, the other pieces on it are:

Bach Sonata No. 6 for Flute
Bozza Etude Caprice No. 7
Borsari Quator Chorale Varie and Prelude

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have never seen a Marcel Mule recording with it (I have "Marcel Mule : Le Patron of the Saxophone" but have heard others)

But there is a recording called "Saxophone Caprices" by Eun Bae Jang & Koryun Asatryan with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My bad; it was Nicholas Prost, in his album Caprice. Although I swore I had that by Claude Delangle, but I guess I didn't. I probably should have checked iTunes before I said something. Sorry to get your hopes up. :(

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
Contact Angel.

·
Registered
Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass, Sopranino, C Melody, Clari, Bass Clari, Flute
137 Posts
Try this site: The Legendary Saxophonists Collection

On CD 22, which is a Mule recording, it says that it includes Bonneau's Valse which, I would assume, is the Caprice en forme de Valse but you might want to check with them.

This site also contains many other recordings by Mule, Rascher, Brown Bros. and many other greats.

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,944 Posts
La Legende was available for a while in the U.S. from Arizona University Recordings, but it has been out of print for some time. It was on the A.Sax label, about which I know nothing. It's a double CD containing mainly items from Mule's series of recordings on Decca/London from the 1950s, plus a few odds and ends of other things. I don't think it's available now other than on the collection of CD-Rs mentioned above. However, this piece has been recorded very frequently, so turning up a good recording of it shouldn't be too difficult. I compiled and posted a partial list a few years ago: http://forum.saxontheweb.net/archive/index.php/t-28252.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts