Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am awaiting on a 2 in 1 tenor/sop case made by Mike Manning in fiberglass. I have been looking for this combo case for 6 years!

If it were not for SOTW it would never have happened.

Review coming soon.:)

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much was this compared to the carbon fiber?
I bought mine slightly used from another sotw member but he told me there is a $300 difference between the two.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you’re ordering one new I definitely recommend going fiberglass. Specially on a heavy setting like this, fiberglass makes a huge difference.
I bought a fiberglass Manning. I am very happy with the case and have used it for at least 10 gigs. I am extremely lucky in that it was sold to me for $675. I had to jump on it because players do not let them go often.

I would share pictures if someone will remind me how to add pictures.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I hadn't heard of Manning 'til now. Cases look pretty major; anyone tried the horns he makes? I notice there's no price list on his site, anyone know about those?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Last I talked to him in San Francisco he wasn’t making many of these anymore. I believe he bought parts from Asia and was assembling them here but it didn’t seem profitable given the time and labor it took. Making cases with a couple helpers was a better business. But this was a couple years ago. You could just email him and ask.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that's terrible news but I understand.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008-
2,375 Posts
Great cases.He would make more money if he didn't insist you send him your horn!
(let me know when you want to sell this one)

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great cases.He would make more money if he didn't insist you send him your horn!
(let me know when you want to sell this one)
Just saw this. I was extremely fortunate to have purchased this second hand although it was never used, so I didn't have to send my horns.

I waited 7 years to find a tenor/soprano combo case so I will sell it when I'm dead. :))))

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had a double case for Tenor and soprano and shipped him my horn to build the case around. Its a great case, a little heavy still even with carbon fiber. Got through 25 shows in 30 days in Korea and Japan, travelling to all the various venues by public transport, trains and flights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts