Sax on the Web Forum banner

Mana alto mouthpiece

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tpsweezey 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the new alto mouthpiece from the Mana Quartet yet? I got one today but haven’t had a chance to really work with it. First impression: large chamber like my Caravan but not as dark, need to try different reeds. I had to push it way on the neck to get it in tune. Once I did, intonation was fine throughout the range. Response is good. Personally I feel I need to work with it quite a bit to really get the most out of it. Lots of potential. Not a just pick it up and play piece but an excellent addition.

#3 ·
I only learned that these mouthpieces existed today from the Buescher Facebook group. tpsweezey and rascherian, I'd love to hear more about your continued experience with these pieces? Anyone else try one?

#4 ·
For me it would be great for solo or chamber stuff. Almost all of my playing these days is in a 60 piece wind symphony so I need something with a little more projection. If you're interested, I'll sell you mine for half price:. $75 plus shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.