Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I scored a Job at Long-McQuade here in Vancouver. As some of you know Long-Mcquade has some great policies including financing (blatant plug). Our store was making an order for mouthpieces and they asked if there was anything I would want. Remembering a recent experience at another music store I said "We deal Jody Jazz right....." "Yes. You want one of those DV's don't you?" "Mayhaps...." "We'll I've already placed an order for a 7* an 8* and an ESP 6"

Yesterday they arrived.

After a good amount of playing on all of these pieces The DV 7* was my pick and now to the thanks of Mr. Jody Espina and the kind ppl at L&M I am the proud owner of one of the best mouthpiece i've ever played.

If you havent tried one you definatly should. I'm still pretty giddy at it and am having the most fun playing i've had in a long time.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,092 Posts
Man, when I worked on a ship cruising Alaska, we were based out of Vancouver. I used to go to Long McQuade like every week! What a great store... I got some Bergonzi books there to shed on the ship, got my Eddie Daniels lig for tenor (for $30 more than in the states... but they were the only place in Vancouver that had it!), and some obscure books of patterns and theory that I haven't seen since. Awesome store!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i love my dv 8* tenor piece. I liked the 7* also but I felt in the end I would grow into the more open mouthpiece. I play a v16 size 3 on it. I think eventually I will even go harder. Talk about a mouthpiece that actually made me be able to do things I couldn't do before.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm going to pick up this really obscure book on multiphonics when I go in to try a few 'peices.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Cannonball&CmelGuy said:
I'm going to pick up this really obscure book on multiphonics when I go in to try a few 'peices.
The John Gross book from advance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts