Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only post I could find on this was made a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if anyone has bought this since then. Has anyone used or had experience with this method over time and did you find it effective, and that it helped or improved your technique? Give me your experience and opinions and let me know whether you think it was worth the investment in time and money.

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
I have used the program but not all the way through. I think it has helped me with fingering speed. I am not really sure, because at the same time in my life, I went into (partial) retirement, which allowed for more practice time. The program has the advantage that it's very easy to bring on holidays and you can practice everywhere without disturbing other people.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used the program but not all the way through. I think it has helped me with fingering speed. I am not really sure, because at the same time in my life, I went into (partial) retirement, which allowed for more practice time. The program has the advantage that it's very easy to bring on holidays and you can practice everywhere without disturbing other people.
Thanks. Did you find the program truly applicable to sax or clarinet and was worth the investment?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
Yes and yes (even if I don't remember what I paid). The idea behind the program is to teach you the independent movement of the fingers. So it will be applicable to anything requiring accurate finger movements. Including typewriting (where I still use two fingers, BTW).
I think you can test the program. The first installment used to be free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts