Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a new review and sound clips of the new Macsax Queso 8* tenor saxophone mouthpiece today. This is a beautiful rhodium (silver) plated mouthpiece that has a full fat tone that can be pushed for added brightness and power. This is a great mouthpiece if you need a more contemporary saxophone tone that can wail and cut through the mix or if you just need to lay back and play some jazz standards. Great mouthpiece for getting around in the altissimo range also. Check out the review at:

https://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019/12/macsax-queso-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece-review/

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,531 Posts
Why would anyone call their mouthpiece "Cheese"?

I hope there is an interesting story behind that choice.

P.S. Rhodium is not silver - perhaps you intended "silver color"?

P.P.S. I just read your review and see that the full name is Queso ATX. Cheese attacks? :shock: And yes, I caught the difference in bite plate color between their ad copy and your sample. :bluewink:

Do we know whether Eric Falcon is still their facing guy?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,077 Posts

P.P.S. I just read your review and see that the full name is Queso ATX. Cheese attacks? :shock: And yes, I caught the difference in bite plate color between their ad copy and your sample. :bluewink:

I was thinking the same thing.
Maybe it’s actually not Macsax but El Maco saxo!

·
12,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes, I was just saying it "looks silver". I don't think most people know what rhodium is or how it looks.........

·
12,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Eric Falcon is no longer associated with them in any way whatsoever from what I have been told......

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,531 Posts
Posted a new review and sound clips of the new Macsax Queso 8* tenor saxophone mouthpiece today. This is a beautiful rhodium (silver) plated mouthpiece that has a full fat tone that can be pushed for added brightness and power. This is a great mouthpiece if you need a more contemporary saxophone tone that can wail and cut through the mix or if you just need to lay back and play some jazz standards. Great mouthpiece for getting around in the altissimo range also. Check out the review at:

https://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019/12/macsax-queso-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece-review/
I like that you laid out what you mean about free-blowing/resistance in a mouthpiece. Nicely done.

·
12,971 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts