Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha YTS-82Z Custom, and it does not have a lyre holder on it.
I would like to be able to play it in my marching band, and so im wondering if anyone knows if there is another solution that I can use to get a lyre on there without having to weld a lyre holder on the sax. :?

Are there some snap on lyres? Or other ways to manage this?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I'd have thought an enterprising company would make a snap on lyre, it's worth Yahooing (most people Google - I Yahoo to be different!).

Or... how far are the Japanese along with the glasses that are like a PC monitor but you can still see where you're walking? Or... get a baseball cap and attach some rods protuding from the front and some pegs to hold some music on it. Or... Get a music stand and attach it to a belt you wear round your waist or chest, similar to the baseball cap idea. Or... I think that'll do for now! :dazed:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Saxplayer67 said:
I'd have thought an enterprising company would make a snap on lyre, it's worth Yahooing (most people Google - I Yahoo to be different!).

Or... how far are the Japanese along with the glasses that are like a PC monitor but you can still see where you're walking? Or... get a baseball cap and attach some rods protuding from the front and some pegs to hold some music on it. Or... Get a music stand and attach it to a belt you wear round your waist or chest, similar to the baseball cap idea. Or... I think that'll do for now! :dazed:
:sign5: :lol: :headbang: :laughing: This made my day. Just too funny.

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
Please don't take this wrong but,

1. Unless you're marching to Souza, Fillmore or the like, the music is probably pretty easy to memorize.

2. Why take a pro horn out in the weather? I have a bundy for marching.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hakukani said:
Please don't take this wrong but,

1. Unless you're marching to Souza, Fillmore or the like, the music is probably pretty easy to memorize.

2. Why take a pro horn out in the weather? I have a bundy for marching.
1. Memorize music? Uggh, I have enough problems playing the music. Forget about memorizing it as well.:x And most of our marches *are* Sousa.

2. I can only afford one horn.

3. Fortunately for me, when our band 'marches', we ride on a trailer:shock:

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
I always tried to get the bandmaster from the Hawaii County Band to let us ride on a trailor. When I was in the band, there was a tuba player that was over 70 (great player, he used to be in the 'President's Own'), a drummer over 70, and a bone player that has been in the band since 1946.

Except for the Xmas parade, we only played one march during parades--'Koni Au'. I didn't even memorize it on purpose!

I just couldn't get myself to march with a Mk VI.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Riding on a standard-height flat bed trailer can be exciting, especially on the tight turns we find in so many hill towns around here, or if the truck has a rough clutch.

The Old Crow community band uses a utility trailer that's very low to the ground. Some folks ride the trailer while others march right next to the trailer. That's a good setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts