Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the pawn shop and found a Luthier Pro 3000 Alto. I can't find information on this sax anywhere, but it plays fairly well. Has anyone heard of it?

Just for reference, they were selling it for $800.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,195 Posts
This, as many others out there which are periodically brought to our attention, is in all probability a Chinese made saxophone with just a fantasy name on it. Why would someone buy an unknown and expensive and unknown saxophone for $800 goes way past my imagination.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my thought as well. Maybe not the Chinese part (we believe it was made in Paris), but to me expensive and unknown is not a very good bet. I'm hoping someone will come along and tell me it's made of pure gold and cures most modern diseases, all for the low low price of $800.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,195 Posts
don’t illude yourself there are NO other modern Brands other than Selmer and Buffet made in France.

Every now and again there is someone with claims like that , like this Bella Seina ( pay especially attention to my google street view link to their “ factory”). If it says Paris it doesn’t mean it is MADE in France!

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?202617-bella-seina

The worst attribute that you can place before the verb THINKING is wishful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts