Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a few boxes of these a few months ago and really liked them (tenor sax). However, they came from Switzerland, so they went through customs and that complicates everything (especially the long wait involved). So I was wondering if you know of shops here on the European Union that carry them (the Jazz model). In Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, France, etc.. any European Union country will do.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought some at Howarth of London, which is still in the EU. :whistle:
The last time I checked, they only carried the Classic cut (not he Jazz). I bought a few boxes, liked them, but didn't love them. I'll check again. Thank you.

Update: They do have the Jazz now.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not the first place to look for saxophone reeds but I ordered a few packages of Lupifaro reeds here a few years ago : www.guitarpatrol.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lupifaro

I like them very much. That said if you like Lupifaro Jazz reeds you might also like to try the Regal Queen reeds. Both are
produced by Rigotti. I think they are close in characteristics. The Regals maybe a little bit more bright and powerful.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
I think all the Euro Amazon sites have them. My sax tech in Barcelona has them as well I think. Sax-On is their name. I would mention Thomann but they charge a flat 20 euros shipping for anything less than 300 euros. I wrote them a few years back to ask why they did that for small items and would they revise their policy and they very impolitely told me that that was their policy, they like it, and for me to **** off because there wasn't a chance of their changing it. So dumb because they lose a lot of business for small items that way IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts