Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends, I strongly recommend the CD of this saxophonist, LUGOTTI.
Nice SOUND, nice arrangements and nice Music.

LuGotti:Sax
Louis Cato: Drums and Bass.
Bobby Sparks: Keys
Juan Galiardo: Keys
Janet onyenucheya: Voice
Solomones: Voice
Dayan Abad: Guitar
Paco Rivas: Guitar
Ivan taca: Programing
Voro Garcia: Trumpet

Check it out at!

www.lugotti.com

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,242 Posts
"lugotti" aka Luis Gutierrez, is a young cat from Spain, plays alto mostly, and i think he is trying to become a pop star like a certain gentleman from Seattle. As you might expect, he tends to be heavy on the showbiz and light on the music. 'To each their own' i say.

·
5,092 Posts
He's got heavy jazz chops, and his album is real funk, not smooth jazz for the most part. I just proofed his bio for him over the weekend, so the grammar's better, though the diction's still a bit awkward in places. I didn't want to change what he was saying much. Anyway, it's up on the site now, and I can say from having played with Luis, he's a heavy alto player, VERY good at the funk thing, light on the sappy vibrato (no Kenny G!), and he's got great time and great chops. Very nice guy, too. Good for him if he's making some money!

·
3,242 Posts
That's nice to hear Dan, unfortunately so far i have only been exposed to some cheesy things that he has done -to pay the rent no doubt- and i'm not interested in criticizing someone just for trying to make some money. i had heard that he played in The Tower of Power Band at Berklee. Peace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pop Star??? who cares? he is 27 years old, played with maceo, fred wesley, Ben stivers, B.B king, Kat Dyson, Darryl Jones (Miles Bassist)... and actually His album is great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts